Recent Posts

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Ava is 1 year old

The first few months of Ava's life were kind of a rollercoaster. Three kids is a huge transition that overwhelmed both Tim and me. She was a sad baby and when she wasn't sleeping she was crying. She was hard to nurse and I had a two and three year old and basically, it was rough.
 
And then one morning a new baby was born. It was like Ava suddenly decided that this body she had been given wasn't so bad after all. She has been almost permanently happy ever since. She has been just ahead of the curve in every new stage. She takes the abuse from her siblings in stride. She has been remarkably healthy. So, if you are going to have a third child, you are going to want an Ava.
 
(Side story... Last week the kids were all out playing in the lawn and Mason called to Brielle to get him a rock. Ava immediately ran over, picked up a giant rock (I swear she is an ant) and yelled, "May!" Guys - she is one! Maybe I don't remember what my other kids were like at this age but I'm pretty sure they weren't following instructions and talking like this.)
 
I can't even describe how happy she makes me. She lights up any room and it just brightens my whole world every time I see her. She is our darling joy.


 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

1 comments:

Mrs. Egg said...

Happy birthday Ava