Lately it is all art projects all the time with Mason. First thing he asks for in the morning (after chocolate milk, of course) is paper and scissors. Then markers, then crayons, then tape and glue. It is game on. My aunt gave him a few crafts-for-kids books a while ago and we plowed through those in no time. It is really amazing watching him improve as he draws the things he sees or creates things from his imagination. I am not the craftiest person alive either, so I've really had to up my game.
He likes his sisters. He really loves little things, like babies, so Ava gets the preferential treatment and Brielle gets a lot of abuse. But he is always sure to protect both sisters from the Daddy Monster's nightly attacks. The other night he was cooing over Ava, trying to keep her attention and said "Oh Ava, you crack my heart, you cutie-pie."
Mason got tickets from his Nana to go to the high school production of Tarzan. So he got a date night with me, Nana and Pop, and Granny. He loved the first half and several minutes after the intermission. Then he turned to me and said," I'm supposed to be asleep, mom." So I cuddled him up and he slept through the rest. The next morning he told his dad all about the gorillas and the butterflys, but had absolutely no opinion on Tarzan himself.
Since then Brielle has been asking if it's her turn to go to a play yet. Every night before she goes to bed (and several times throughout the day) she asks, "What we doing when I wake up?" Once she has an answer that satisfies, she asks for a specific book, we close the door to a crack, and she reads to herself until she falls asleep. I love hearing her little voice telling stories, alone in her dark room.
She finally, finally learned how to kiss this week. We are a family of kissers and maybe she was just sticking it to the man and refusing to cooperate because she felt smothered with affection. But this week she leaned in, lips pursed, and layed one on me. Smacked her lips and everything. Then she gave me about ten more perfect little kisses. After the final one on the cheek, she looked at me and said, "I break your heart!" And then I died. (I guess we do a lot of heart breaking around here.)
I thought Brielle was a handful when she started walking around 10 to 11 months old. I kind of forget the exact ages that each of my kids have started doing different things, but I feel like Ava has been at least a month ahead in everything. She was walking by nine months. Now she is just barely ten months and she is holding the phone up to her ear, pulling out the drawers to hang from them like a gymnast, climbing everything she can. She does everything with a giant grin and complete determination.
The last few weeks we have been tyring to soak up all the last bits of warm weather to store for the winter ahead. Basically that means the kids play on the playground while I chase Ava around, taking things out of her mouth. What a rough life.
He likes his sisters. He really loves little things, like babies, so Ava gets the preferential treatment and Brielle gets a lot of abuse. But he is always sure to protect both sisters from the Daddy Monster's nightly attacks. The other night he was cooing over Ava, trying to keep her attention and said "Oh Ava, you crack my heart, you cutie-pie."
Mason got tickets from his Nana to go to the high school production of Tarzan. So he got a date night with me, Nana and Pop, and Granny. He loved the first half and several minutes after the intermission. Then he turned to me and said," I'm supposed to be asleep, mom." So I cuddled him up and he slept through the rest. The next morning he told his dad all about the gorillas and the butterflys, but had absolutely no opinion on Tarzan himself.
Since then Brielle has been asking if it's her turn to go to a play yet. Every night before she goes to bed (and several times throughout the day) she asks, "What we doing when I wake up?" Once she has an answer that satisfies, she asks for a specific book, we close the door to a crack, and she reads to herself until she falls asleep. I love hearing her little voice telling stories, alone in her dark room.
She finally, finally learned how to kiss this week. We are a family of kissers and maybe she was just sticking it to the man and refusing to cooperate because she felt smothered with affection. But this week she leaned in, lips pursed, and layed one on me. Smacked her lips and everything. Then she gave me about ten more perfect little kisses. After the final one on the cheek, she looked at me and said, "I break your heart!" And then I died. (I guess we do a lot of heart breaking around here.)
I thought Brielle was a handful when she started walking around 10 to 11 months old. I kind of forget the exact ages that each of my kids have started doing different things, but I feel like Ava has been at least a month ahead in everything. She was walking by nine months. Now she is just barely ten months and she is holding the phone up to her ear, pulling out the drawers to hang from them like a gymnast, climbing everything she can. She does everything with a giant grin and complete determination.
The last few weeks we have been tyring to soak up all the last bits of warm weather to store for the winter ahead. Basically that means the kids play on the playground while I chase Ava around, taking things out of her mouth. What a rough life.
0 comments:
Post a Comment