Halloween seemed to start on October 1st and run right through the entire month. We did about four million Halloween themed art projects. We visited Scarecrow Alley at the train depot museum. We went to the Fright Lights at Willard Bay. We carved pumpkins! The list goes on.
Of course we also had Halloween parties with each side of the family. They are always the best. I tell ya, this holiday just gets better every year that my kids get older. I'm sure that will only be the case for a few years, so I am just soaking this up. This year we had an Iron Man (he's never seen the movie), a Snow White (she's never seen the movie), and a giraffe. For one party, I went as Mary Poppins (I've never seen the movie), and Tim was a vampire. The vampire was per Mason's request, but then the teeth were a little too scary for Bri, so they lasted about five minutes.
Mason has been asking for stories before bed lately and Tim is just the best story-teller around, I swear it. This month they have been scary stories about witches, mostly. Little boys getting turned into frogs or shoes because they drank the witch's brew. The mildly-scarier, the better. He has just loved all things creepy this month. He was not so sure about things when he saw his Nana dressed as a witch and stiring her brew in a cauldron, though.
Of course we also had Halloween parties with each side of the family. They are always the best. I tell ya, this holiday just gets better every year that my kids get older. I'm sure that will only be the case for a few years, so I am just soaking this up. This year we had an Iron Man (he's never seen the movie), a Snow White (she's never seen the movie), and a giraffe. For one party, I went as Mary Poppins (I've never seen the movie), and Tim was a vampire. The vampire was per Mason's request, but then the teeth were a little too scary for Bri, so they lasted about five minutes.
Mason has been asking for stories before bed lately and Tim is just the best story-teller around, I swear it. This month they have been scary stories about witches, mostly. Little boys getting turned into frogs or shoes because they drank the witch's brew. The mildly-scarier, the better. He has just loved all things creepy this month. He was not so sure about things when he saw his Nana dressed as a witch and stiring her brew in a cauldron, though.
1 comments:
I can't believe you haven't seen Mary Poppins.
Cute stuff.
Post a Comment