Recent Posts

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Mason turns 7

Mason put a lot of thought in to what kind of party he wanted for his birthday. The theme is one of the most important parts! He has been really into Angry Birds for a long time, and he promised his friends an Angry Birds party, so that was at the top of the list. But he also really likes making paper airplanes. The more the better. This is definitely a quantity over quality situation and our apartment often filled to the brim with hastily-made paper airplanes. So he decided to add a little of that to the mix. He took Ninja Turtles off the table since he's done that before.

In the end, mom got to decide, and I planned a water party so that we could invite a lot of kids and have it outside. We ordered a big bounce-house type water slide and filled few hundred water balloons and just let the kids go nuts. It was a huge hit. As everyone was filtering out and the party was coming to an end, Mason remembered the huge paper airplane that Dad had made him out of poster board for a decoration for his birthday and brought it out, along with some paper, to teach the last couple of guests how to fold a paper airplane of their own. It was so sweet.

He is so fun. Sometimes I wonder how I can possibly raise a kid as stubborn as me, and we certainly butt heads. But then all this childish joy just comes rushing out of him with things like showing off a poster board paper airplane and my heart does flips. He is my baby, my perfect little Mase Fase, and he is growing up faster than I can handle. I could listen to him tell me about angry birds all day, because when he talks about something he likes his whole face lights up. He is so good to Ava and Bus, and he and Brielle play together for hours. I hope he always wants to tell me about the cool things in his life. And I hope he never stops doing his happy dance for me.


















0 comments: