Recent Posts

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Mason's 6th Birthday

Mason just turned six years old. All of his birthdays are so crazy and heart-wrenching for me. On one hand, quite growing up, kid! On the other, he just keeps getting better.

Mason has adjusted to the move into the rental very well. He loves it, actually. He is so much happier and calmer and easier to be around since we moved from Perry. I think a lot of the change is due to being out of preschool. I am seeing now what a bad situation that was for him, and I wish I had realized sooner that he was having trouble at school. I think the other part making him so happy is that we are all stuck in the same room all the time, and he really likes it. I would have expected the opposite, and he still has to be alone in his room once in a while, but he loves having his family close around him.

There is no better six-year-old big brother. The way he plays with his sisters and dotes on his little Eric makes my heart melt. He is so good to them. He hasn't been pestering them nearly as much and he tries so hard to be kind and fair.

Mason is quick, and very literal. The other day Brielle was asking me if we can go to St. George again for Easter and Mason thought that was a good idea. Then he asked me if he could stay up until Tim and I and everyone goes to bed. When I asked why, he said, "I want to see if it is the Easter Bunny that leaves stuff, or if it's just you." Then he let me know that he wasn't so sure about Santa, either.

When I asked Mason what he wanted for his birthday, he said, "Well, I don't want any clothes or toys. I just want to go places. I want to go everywhere in the world and learn about it."

He specifically told us that he DOES NOT want a bike. You guys just want me to have a bike. I don't want a bike. Riding a bike isn't even fun. I don't want a bike.

Sorry, kid.










0 comments: