Yep, those are seven matches on that cake.
I have to say my dad is one impressive guy. I lucked out in the father department.
He's kind and patient. He's smart (rocket scientist smart) and funny. He's quiet... maybe shy? But he's so funny. Also, I have never heard my dad say an unkind word about anyone. I mean, he lets you know if he's not impressed, but he's never mean spirited.
I've also never heard my dad curse. Not one single curse word in 26 years. And we're talking, he doesn't even say "crap." One time, when I was like eight, he forgot something on his way to the car and he said, "shoot!" That's about as close as it gets. And he's good in so many other ways. I don't think the man has missed a day of church in his entire life. He sets a perfect example of how a person can live their religion, to the letter of the law, without being annoying and preachy.
There is something really special about having someone in your life who's face lights up when they see you. I get that from my dad. I hope he gets that from me.


1 comments:
You certainly did luck out. Happy Birthday Uncle Rick!
Post a Comment