Recent Posts

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Genetics?

I'm not totally convinced that genes have anything to do with anything.

One time, before Mason was born (but after this) I went to a website where you put in your parents' eye colors, your eye color, your spouse's eye color and his parents' eye color, click the little clicker and BAM, it predicts your future kid's eye color. Only, I didn't get that far. My parents both have blue eyes and I do not. And the website just could not wrap its head around that. ERROR! Not possible! If your parents both have blue eyes the only option for you is blue. Are you following me here?

Tim got his Mom's exact eye color, which is sort of brown, but three of his siblings have blue eyes like their dad. Isn't brown supposed to be dominant?  

So now you have one not-blue-eyes and one sort-of-brown eyes. Put 'em together and what do you get?

Tim
(edward cullen, am I right?)

 Crystal

Mason

Brielle

2 comments:

Amy and David said...

True that! genetics are WIERD... I think Brielle looks like your Mom :)

The Haynies said...

I don't get it either. I have eyes the color of Mason's and Steve has green eyes and Savanah has blue like Brielle's. Crazy! Also, I don't know if I ever told you, but I love the name Brielle. It's so cute!