Recent Posts

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

My Mason

The little boy in this house has to be one of the best things to ever happen to the world. I know that I am his mother, and so maybe I am a little tiny bit biased. But seriously, he's the best.


A couple of months ago we were downstairs watching A Goofy Movie and everyone but Mason got bored and went upstairs. About twenty minutes later we heard him start to cry down there, so Tim rushed down to make sure he was OK. He found a four-year-old sobbing crocodile tears at the TV. When he got him calmed down enough to find out what happened, Mason explained the the boy in the show thought he didn't need his daddy anymore!

He was so upset at the thought of a son and father being separated. And it was the kid's idea! Just unbelievable. He ran upstairs and drew a picture of himself with his dad and I think Tim's heart may have exploded.


He is such a great brother. There were a few months there when I thought I would be doomed to a life of constantly quarreling children. I could not figure out what to do about it. Mason would pester Brielle...Brielle would start screaming...they would both get in trouble. All day, everyday. Then one day, he stopped. Like a serious blessing from heaven. He and Brielle play so well together now. I love watching their little imaginations run wild. And Ava could not have a better protector, he just dotes on her.

He got a balance bike for Christmas and he figured that thing out pretty quick. We need to get him a real bike, but in the meantime, he is a little speed demon - racing down the street and the neighbors steep driveway with his legs sticking straight out on each side.

Soccer started a few weeks ago. He practiced all morning the day of his first game and could barely handle the anticipation. He kept telling us, "I am so excited for my soccer game." When we got there it wasn't quite what he was expecting and he was not going to get in there and play for anything. Tim handled the whole thing so well and finally, in the last 20 seconds of the game, Mason got in and kicked the ball. And loved it. Then yesterday he started T-ball and that took no time at all - he liked it right away. Watching him run/skip from second to third base with a giant smile after a very successful hit was the best thing ever.


I think my favorite thing right now is the way he participates in church. I kind of assumed that he would be a little bit shy about getting up and talking in front of everyone, but the kid was made to be behind a microphone. He has given a talk and several prayers, scriptures and Articles of Faith. He always works hard to memorize them (he memorizes things very quickly) and then recites them with very little prompting. His last prayer he got right up and said "Heavenly Father, I'm glad we came to Primary today. Please bless that we'll draw, and that we will all get to draw something good. Jesus name, Amen." I'm pretty sure he is everyone in the Primary's favorite.


Right now it is all about dinosaurs. Dinosaur toys, shows, books...anything. One day last week he woke up and asked if we could please make a Ankylosaurus out of molding clay and then cook it and then paint it. So we did. And he has taken that thing with him everywhere. I think Brielle kind of misses his superhero stage, but I'm sure he'll be on to some new exciting thing next week.




1 comments:

English Fam said...

I love that little guy!