Recent Posts

Monday, May 12, 2014

Utah's Hogle Zoo

I took the kids to the zoo when Brielle was about six months old, and we thought it was about time for another trip. I'll be honest, I left with about the same impression that I had last time...kind of depressing. 

But! The kids liked it. Mason has a new favorite animal, the rhinoceros, (he's watching Wild Kratts right now and just randomly shouted to me that buffalo is his new favorite animal, crazy timing!) and Brielle has a new favorite animal, the elephant. They got so excited about each new creature.

I think the best part of the day had to be the weather. We wanted to go before the students got out of school, and summer at the zoo is just a hot, long day, if you ask me. Then we found out that Miles and Betsey were planning on going for her birthday and it was perfect timing. When we woke up that morning it was raining and cold and it took some convincing to get Tim to go, but when we got there it was sunny and cool and beautiful. We couldn't have wished for better. And, just as we were leaving, the clouds opened up and DUMPED hail and rain on us, soaking us to the bone during our mad dash to the car. So, great weather plus great weather story. Emily and Miles, Betsey, and Friedrich made for great company. It was a good time.






0 comments: