Recent Posts

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April

We took the kids to the dinosaur museum in April. Mason got a trip there for his birthday last year and he and Brielle got it in their heads that we needed another visit. So finally, after days and days and long, long days (a week, maybe) of waiting, we finally went on one of Tim's Fridays off. They loved it and are were a little terrified the entire time. Mason has been obsessed with dinosaurs lately. I mean, obsessed. Books and books from the library. Every dino show on Netflix, too many times to count. He knows their names and what they eat and who their predators are and even the era some lived it. He has made more than one 5-6 page dinosaur book of illustrations. I never knew I would learn so much about dinosaurs as an adult. Ask me anything.







We also had a great Easter. The kids had several egg hunts thanks to the Easter Bunny and their Nana and Becky and Jaren Larsen, who live across the street. The Easter Bunny brought them a toy and a small chocolate bunny and, like, four eggs because he knew they had been eating candy non-stop all week. We also tried to get a family picture, which was impossible and I ended up photo-shopping some heads from one picture to another to get at least two that weren't terrible. But man, our kids are cute.








And may I take this opportunity to say that three-years-old has been a blessed age for Brielle. I am not even kidding a little when I say that she is a whole new child. She has always been our little sweetheart, but she was hard. Like, so hard. Then she turned three and learned how to communicate her needs a little more effectively and it now she is just a dream come true. She sings and dances and cuddles non-stop. She goes to bed without any trouble and if she isn't tired she plays quietly in bed or sings herself to sleep.

She is more pleasant to be around, so Mason doesn't pester her too often and they have so much fun together. She asks me to do her hair every morning and never whines or moves around too much while I do it. I can really appreciate little things like that! She is constantly telling Tim and I, "I love you!" with a sweet little smile or a kiss. I could go on and on. She is so much fun right now. Ugh, I want to squeeze her just thinking about it. And those eyes!



0 comments: