Recent Posts

Monday, September 7, 2015

First Day of School

Mason started Kindergarten this year. He was not excited about going back to school. Preschool wasn't great and summer was great, so...

We went to his Kindergarten assessment a week or so before school started and he got to color a picture and meet his teacher and show how smart he his. He thought his teacher seemed very nice and he liked that she was young and sweet. So he got a tiny bit OK with going to school. The first couple of days he seemed to have a good time. Tim came with us to drop him off and it was pretty exciting. Then after two days of school I realized that he can ride the bus, and it was a game changer.

When you ride the bus, you get to be around the bigger kids. You get to ride a bus. And! You get to ride with your friends, which means when you get to school, you are already with your friends. He has really been enjoying his time since then. I may have cried a little when I dropped him off that first day. But man, he is growing up so fast. It is such a big school and a big change and he took the whole thing in stride.



Brielle started a three-day preschool the same week. She was VERY excited. Could not wait. Preschool is like the grand prize. When I took her to the back to school night so she could meet her teachers and see the classroom she was got suddenly nervous. She wouldn't talk to anyone and wanted me to hold her. But it didn't quell her excitement.

The first day, she kept telling me the whole way there, "I am so excited! This is the best day!" She jumped out of the car and waited in the driveway with the other kids and parents. Then the garage door opened and her teacher bounded out in a superhero outfit and hollered, "I'm looking for some superheros! Can anyone here help me?!" Brielle turned right around and announced, "I am not going in there."

I talked her into staying and even though she was a little hesitant about whether or not she liked the first day, she has loved it ever since. She looks forward to it every time and gets so excited about learning and playing. It is so incredibly sweet.



0 comments: