Recent Posts

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Dinosaur Park Museum

Mason went to a birthday party for a neighborhood friend his age a couple of months ago, and ever since then he has been so excited for a party of his own. The idea of any kind of party has always been pretty thrilling. Whenever he sees a picture of balloons or cake or anything else party-themed he has to point them out and he is just so enthusiastic about the greatness of parties. Sometimes he will pack toys in a box or backpack tell us they are for the party later. He is big on parties, is what I am saying.

Tim decided that Mason should have a pirate-themed party and go on a scavenger hunt and had this whole idea about how it should go. I pulled a total wife-fail/mom-win and let Mason choose what kind of party he wanted. He said dinosaurs. Sorry, Tim!

So. Yesterday, in preparation for Mason's birthday on Friday, Nana treated the kiddos and I to a trip to the Dinosaur Park in Ogden and we all liked it so much! Maybe if your kids are a little on the easily-scared side you should walk through the park and see the dinosaur statues before you go inside to the dinosaur robots. We did not do that.

One of my favorite things about being a mom is watching my kids' completely genuine reactions to new situations. There is no falseness or pretense in them. This trip was so full of so many hilarious reactions and I just couldn't get enough. I really regret not bringing my camcorder, or at least a real camera. I just have these poor-quality cell phone pictures.

They were both so intrigued but completely terrified of those giant dinosaur robots. They were so lifelike; I really can't blame them for being scared. Mason kept saying, "They aren't real, they can't eat us, let's go, I don't like it, they aren't real." Over and over. Brielle just clung to my mom, wide-eyed with horror and amazement. They were a lot happier the rest of the time there. Wary, but happy. Mason kept making up names for all the different dinosaurs and telling us facts about them. He's going to be the best four-year-old.





0 comments: