Recent Posts

Monday, July 15, 2013

Ava at six months

My little Ava Darling is six months old. She is crawling all over the place, stuffing everything into her mouth. She pulls herself up on the furniture. She is trying to climb out of the crib. She is six months old.

I once had a baby girl and I thought the baby part of her would stick around for a while and soothe the baby-hungry in me. When she was born I would get these panics that she may be the last baby of mine that I ever get to hold and I would snuggle her and breathe her in and try to make it last longer. Apparently, she has other ideas because she is so over being a baby and is ready to be a toddler with her brother and sister. Three weeks ago she started scooting. Two weeks ago she was sitting unassisted. One week ago she was really crawling, and three days after that she was already working on the walking.

Some ladies in my ward said that it is totally normal for the third child to be walking before nine months. True?

Ava is also just the sweetest baby. She cannot turn down a smile. When she got her shots last week she started crying that sad, "how could you do this to me, mom?" cry. But then she caught a glimpse of the nurse smiling at her and she had to stop, return the smile, and then start her cry again. She just lights up any room. I've always thought each of my babies brought a special new joy to our home, but the joy my Ava brings is palpable. I think if I had to choose one word to describe her it would be enthusiastic. She is enthusiastic about being alive and it is contagious.





3 comments:

Emily Jeppsen said...

Uh. Can I have her please?!

Kelly said...

Super cute!

Sarahn, Cade, Memphis, and Dempsey said...

She is a DOLL! Let's get together again ASAP!