Recent Posts

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Just to play

Last night I was hanging out with my kiddos - reading, wrestling, handing out way too many kisses. And it dawned on me. All I really have to do all day is play. I mean, I used to do all this stuff (clean, change diapers, cart babies around) every chance I got when I was a kid. With my siblings, with the neighbor kids, with countless dolls...

Now I have my own two babies and they are real and sweet and way more fun, and all I have to do is just play with them. Play the alphabet game and head and shoulders. And play pretend. So I'm going to, by golly. We started things off today with an outing to the zoo, lunch at the Star of India (oh gosh it is so good), frozen custard from Nielsen's in Bountiful. Now its naps and then who knows what else!

Probably we'll pretend that we're blue collar workers who lay sprinkler lines for a living because shoveling the dirt at the new house is Mason's new favorite pastime, plus we have to do that anyway. Let the games begin!







Oh and I have only this to say about the zoo: Depressing. I really wouldn't mind inviting those giraffes to chill at my pad, we've got more space. And that's not saying a lot.

3 comments:

The Thurgoods said...

Ugh, would you stop looking like a super model?! It's not fair. Love the pics. Cute kids for sure! We are ready to party when you guys are!

Kelly said...

Crystal you seriously look so good! How did you lose all your baby weight so fast? I need help! haha

Unknown said...

Ah, Brielle is such a cutie. And you look SO good!!