Recent Posts

Saturday, May 7, 2011

It's been one of those weeks

Have you ever had one of those weeks when things seem to happen exactly the way you could only hope? I hope you have. And I would know exactly how you feel because this has been of those weeks. They followed the weeks of negotiating the worth of the place we lived, lots of stress and prayers, and packing way more than we expected (is that how moving always is? You find all these places to hide stuff that you use once a year and you take a load to DI several times a year so you figure you won't have that must stuff but then you find those hiding places and BAM, you're headed back to Walmart for the fourth time for more large Tupperware containers to hold it and writing ridiculously long sentences about it?).

So here is a list of reasons that this has been a week that has made me so thankful to the wonderful people around me and to the good Lord in Heaven.

I have really cute kids. This one in particular thought that the money in the Easter eggs was way less cool than throwing them across the yard and watching the pennies fly out. He has also multiplied his vocabulary since we moved in with my parents.




I've taken regular showers and eaten some delicious meals and gone on some great walks and had a friend to talk to every day because of this lady.

I got really spoiled on my BIRTHDAY! 26 is the new 19, right?

Got a massage one day, and glitter toes the next with this best friend.

The weather is so nice all of a sudden!

Ate at one of my favorite places in the world, the Idle Isle Cafe. It makes me so nostalgic. Can't we all just be 15-year-old waitresses in our small home towns forever? Would anyone judge me if I worked there a couple of days a week, even though I'm a college grad with two kids, just because I miss it? This is not a rhetorical question.
  

I've also caught up with a friend I've been missing and my little boy finally learned how to hug when he saw how adorable her daughter is. I've done crafts and lots of organizing. I've had some late night conversations with my dad. Also with my relatively new sis-in-law and she's pretty dang cool. I've eaten too much dessert. I've gone on dates! With a hot guy!

I don't deserve all these blessings, but trust me, I'll take them with a thankful heart.

1 comments:

Emily said...

i love this! and i LOVE that picture of Mom! She looks beautiful!