Recent Posts

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Gluttons for punishment

Well we bought another house! Two houses away from the one we were going to rent. And actually, we don't close for another couple of weeks. But we found a house we like in an area that we (I) really like and we're movin' in. Eventually.

First we have to...
Grade the yard and add a ton of dirt. At least sixty tons to be more specific.
Put in a yard including sprinklers, sod, and trees.
Build a deck.
Paint the entire house.
Redo or finish all the finish work that the previous owners never did or did really really poorly. (Tile work, baseboards and trim, countertops, that kind of thing)
Refinish the hardwood.
Finish the basement? Hope not.

Wish us luck!

1 comments:

Kara said...

Hey Crystal! Long time no see! :) First off, your kids are stinkin adorable. So cute! Secondly, you are moving two streets up from my parents! It's such a fun neighborhood and I love that a park is a block away! Oh and my dear Aunt and Uncle are the ones that bought the house you were going to rent. It's a small world, huh? Anyway, when I put that all together, I thought I'd say HI! Hope all is well. Maybe I'll see you at that park someday!