Recent Posts

Thursday, January 1, 2015

The beginning of a new year

We had some big to-do's this year. A couple visits to the ER, a big RV project, new schools and activities. Best of all, a new baby. I spent most of the year pregnant, which....bleh. But now we have our perfect little Eric, and he keeps getting better and better.

He will be eight weeks old this week. He finally started smiling at me around six weeks old, and he still saves almost all of his smiles for his mama. The kids looks at me like his world begins and ends in my face, and I am just soaking in all the love I can get. He gets cuter everyday and so our streak of making the most adorable children around continues.

Everyone loves the baby and he gets his fair share of kisses during the day. He has started extending his first sleep of the night to about five hours, which is nice, but the rest of the night are still not always great. He has really turned a great corner personality-wise in the last two weeks - now that he is used to having a human body and is feeling a little better.

It has been a pretty overwhelming having four kids. I keep thinking of things I would like to take the older kids to do, but the thought of leaving the house with all four of them is just so daunting. I took all four to lunch at Sams Club the other day while Tim took a conference call at work on his day off and it went surprisingly well and I am still proud of myself. I had all four out in public for over an hour and I didn't threaten anyone and everyone left happy AND they were still pretty clean when we left. But still. It is terrifying.

Mostly it is Ava. She is just everywhere all the time. It is impossible to keep an eye on her in the confines of our own house, so anywhere else is a nightmare. When we got to the grocery store she won't sit in front of the cart, she won't sit in the big part, she won't walk, she won't ride on the side, and I can't hold her. But she also wants to do all of those things. At once. She just has so. much. energy. Add Mason's nearly constant pestering of Brielle and we basically just don't get out much.

All that being said, my life is so full. There is so much love and happiness to true enjoyment. Some days I feel like I could just sit and watch them all day. Every little mannerism, and their sweet little voices, and those giant imaginations all just fill me with so much satisfaction. I made these beautiful, innocent little creatures and now I get to enjoy them every day. Maybe the hard makes the good that much better.

We have been a little off our schedule this week and I guess Mason noticed because on Christmas Eve when he was going to bed he asked his dad to remind me that we need to read scriptures in the morning. I guess I'm not totally failing.












0 comments: