Our Dr. told us for two appointments in a row (at 13 and 17 weeks) that we were "definitely" having a girl. I was completely expecting the baby to be a boy.
Now, I also thought Brielle was a boy. I mean, I was sure. When he told me that my second would be a girl it was a shock, but it was a happy shock. And I was so excited to have a little lady! I just got behind that %100.
I had no idea what to expect with Ava, but I kind of suspected she would be a girl, so I was happy to be right and to have two little girls.
This one has been a boy from day one. I only thought of boy names. My symptoms felt very similar to how I felt with Mason. Plus, I just felt like there was a little baby boy waiting to join us. So when the doctor told us it was a girl, I was very surprised. I have learned, however, that you can't exactly change these things, so you get happy. And I did! Kind of.
I still had this lingering feeling one more boy belonged in the this family and the thought would not leave. I had to talk Tim into going for a fourth kid in the first place, and I knew a 5th wasn't happening. The peaceful, finally-I-will-never-be-pregnant-again feeling that I had been hoping for just wasn't there. (Tim has since said that he kind of felt the same, but never would have said anything.) While telling myself that three girls and one boy would be the perfect family for us, I was also (secretly in the deep recesses of my brain) hoping that the doctor had been wrong, that it was too early to tell.
Well guess what?! It was! You should have seen our reactions when the ultrasound tech told us, or showed us, that we were really having a boy. Giant smiles. Laughs. I think we may have high-five'd. So...good thing this kid is a boy. I feel much better about this.





1 comments:
Yay! Congrats!!!
Post a Comment