On July 14, Ava turned 18 months old. I have very few pictures of Ava because they always come out blurry. That about sums her up!
She has always been a busy baby. I thought Brielle was a busy baby and I thought I could totally sympathize with the moms who have boys that they just cannot get a handle on. But now I KNOW I can sympathize because I have a boy that I just cannot get a handle on, except she's a girl that wants her toes painted while she takes all the books off that shelf and also runs a marathon.
In the morning I get Ava out of bed and she sits on my lap on the couch for a few minutes giving me a precious cuddle and sometimes some kisses and always lots of smiles. Then after about five minutes of that, she is off to the races. She literally does not stop RUNNING until it is time for her nap after lunch. That wasn't true a couple of weeks ago because I could put her in her highchair and as long as she was eating, she was happy. She'll eat anything, and all of it. (Up from the 3rd to the 6th percentile at her check-up!) But now that highchair is just too restraining. She wants to sit in a big person chair while she eats but she actually wants to crawl all over all the chairs and the table while she eats. Plus, that gives her the freedom to get down and do a couple laps between bites.
She is a bright little thing. She follows instructions just perfectly and will take her clothes from her bedroom to the laundry basket on the other side of the house with a happy, "Kay!" She has quite a few words but she is very good at communicating with the few she uses most. Please, thank you, that, kay, oh, bye, binky, love you daddy. And of course, Brielle's constant renditions of the song have taught her "let it go." Since posting this a few days ago, two people have mentioned that I forgot to add "hey!" Which I can't believe I forgot because it is her favorite, catch-all word.
She decided this month that she is ready be potty-trained, so that's been funny.
She is a happy girl. Always so happy. And she is so fun. She gets more fun and more hilarious every day. It has been such a joy being her mama. And now I hear her calling me from her crib. So, game on.
She has always been a busy baby. I thought Brielle was a busy baby and I thought I could totally sympathize with the moms who have boys that they just cannot get a handle on. But now I KNOW I can sympathize because I have a boy that I just cannot get a handle on, except she's a girl that wants her toes painted while she takes all the books off that shelf and also runs a marathon.
In the morning I get Ava out of bed and she sits on my lap on the couch for a few minutes giving me a precious cuddle and sometimes some kisses and always lots of smiles. Then after about five minutes of that, she is off to the races. She literally does not stop RUNNING until it is time for her nap after lunch. That wasn't true a couple of weeks ago because I could put her in her highchair and as long as she was eating, she was happy. She'll eat anything, and all of it. (Up from the 3rd to the 6th percentile at her check-up!) But now that highchair is just too restraining. She wants to sit in a big person chair while she eats but she actually wants to crawl all over all the chairs and the table while she eats. Plus, that gives her the freedom to get down and do a couple laps between bites.
She is a bright little thing. She follows instructions just perfectly and will take her clothes from her bedroom to the laundry basket on the other side of the house with a happy, "Kay!" She has quite a few words but she is very good at communicating with the few she uses most. Please, thank you, that, kay, oh, bye, binky, love you daddy. And of course, Brielle's constant renditions of the song have taught her "let it go." Since posting this a few days ago, two people have mentioned that I forgot to add "hey!" Which I can't believe I forgot because it is her favorite, catch-all word.
She decided this month that she is ready be potty-trained, so that's been funny.
She is a happy girl. Always so happy. And she is so fun. She gets more fun and more hilarious every day. It has been such a joy being her mama. And now I hear her calling me from her crib. So, game on.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)



1 comments:
LOVE her. But you forgot "HEY!" haha.
Post a Comment