Recent Posts

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Not happy, but not necessarily sad

 

My baby brother, Kelson, left for his mission this morning. I know I've written a lot about him here lately. It just seems so bizarre that a few months ago he was just a teenager in high school and now he's a man leaving to live on the other side of the world for two years. I may have shed more than a few tears. We are so proud of him and grateful for his strong testimony and the example he is setting for us.

A few days ago we went to Temple Square to eat and spend a day before he left. Mason loves his Uncle Kelson. But everybody does.

We went to say good-bye last night since you just drop them at the curb of the MTC now. It was also Emily's birthday and Miles' is tomorrow, so here they are blowing out the candles of the fancy zucchini cake I made.

 
 
 

We're missing Ryan, boo. Love these people!

1 comments:

Elisa said...

You're family is AWESOME! I felt myself getting a little teary as I looked at how grown up you all are. When I first met you, Kelson was Mason's age and you were only 9.

That makes me ANCIENT.

xoxo

~Elisa