Before we found out that I was pregnant, Tim and I had some big plans. We had a trip planned to Disneyland in December, and then Costa Rica for my graduation present in the spring. The baby put those plans on hold. As if canceling vacations isn't a big enough bummer, add a couple months of morning sickness.
I feel guilty about it now, but it made it pretty hard for me to be excited about being pregnant. I would get in a slump and Tim would remind me that we have a lot of friends that are trying to have children and it's not working out like they'd hoped. I can't imagine being in that situation, so I really am so thankful that we never had to worry about that. Now I feel incredibly blessed that we are going to start our family soon. And really, the timing is good. I graduate in May, Tim's work is going well, we just sold our condo (today!), we'll have been married for over four years, and we are unbelievably happy together.
That being said, I needed that vacation. So we are going to the Caribbean! We are headed out with our friends Steve and Dana (get Dana's funny take on the way it was planned here) on February 28. It is a six day cruise to Jamaica and the Cayman Islands. SUN! FUN! MORE SUN! I can't wait.
Adding to my excitement is the fact that we find out on Monday if we are having a girl or a boy. For some reason whenever we tell people that, they say, "Hopefully it's not both!"
YEAH.
We were going to do this to the guest room anyway, but now we can say we did it for the baby. Let the nesting begin!
I feel guilty about it now, but it made it pretty hard for me to be excited about being pregnant. I would get in a slump and Tim would remind me that we have a lot of friends that are trying to have children and it's not working out like they'd hoped. I can't imagine being in that situation, so I really am so thankful that we never had to worry about that. Now I feel incredibly blessed that we are going to start our family soon. And really, the timing is good. I graduate in May, Tim's work is going well, we just sold our condo (today!), we'll have been married for over four years, and we are unbelievably happy together.
That being said, I needed that vacation. So we are going to the Caribbean! We are headed out with our friends Steve and Dana (get Dana's funny take on the way it was planned here) on February 28. It is a six day cruise to Jamaica and the Cayman Islands. SUN! FUN! MORE SUN! I can't wait.
Adding to my excitement is the fact that we find out on Monday if we are having a girl or a boy. For some reason whenever we tell people that, they say, "Hopefully it's not both!"
YEAH.
We were going to do this to the guest room anyway, but now we can say we did it for the baby. Let the nesting begin!
Before



4 comments:
Crystal!! I'm so glad that you are going on the cruise!! I would have felt horrible if you wouldn't have gone! And I freakin LOVE the updates to the guest/baby room! It looks awesome!!
Oh wow I love what you've done to the room! That looks awesome! I'm glad you still get to go on your vacations :)
Crystal, I didn't know you were pregnant congratulations! I am so jealous. David and I have been trying to have a baby for two years. It has been the greatest trial of my life. You are so blessed. Congrats again!!! I better be getting a shower invite :)
ok now i am getting a little jealous! that room looks awesome! congrats on selling your condo and the vacay! we need to talk more i think.
Post a Comment