We sold our house.
Those are four words I wasn't sure we would ever say!
And we're so excited! But I have also been so, so sad. And stressed.
I really fell in love with this place. I never wanted to move back to the place I grew up. I kind of grew up feeling like getting out of there was a very necessary accomplishment. But then, sort of by accident, I did. And then I didn't want to leave.
I loved our ward. I made a lot of really good friends there. And I feel like I grew a lot spiritually by having good teachers and being surrounded by good women with solid testimonies. The kids loved their primary teachers. I had good visiting teachers and I liked my callings and it just felt kind of right. And comfortable.
We had an incredible view of the valley from the back of the house, and a beautiful view of the hills from the front porch. Cul-de-sacs are awesome. The Wheelers next door were great neighbors and Melba was always bringing us bread and cookies. The pediatrician's physician's assistant lived just two houses down.
There was a sense of familiarity in Perry and Brigham City that I know I won't get anywhere else. I knew who to ask for advice that I could trust. I knew where everything was and what opportunities were available there for my kids. I was starting to make friends outside the ward and my high school friends were close. I was seven minutes from my mom.
But then some of the friends I had grown to love moved away. And Mason started to learn to ride a bike, but couldn't leave our cul-de-sac. I couldn't send the kids out to play in the backyard, because I couldn't see the backyard unless I was in it. Everywhere I looked around the house I saw more projects that needed done but I didn't want to do them. Tim was getting more and more tired of driving 30 minutes each way to work. And some of the very few friends he had the chance to make were the ones that moved.
Basically, it was time for us to stick with the plan and pack our bags. It seemed like overnight, everyone wanted to buy our house. We got an offer from a couple from Texas and it actually worked out this time. And we moved out. I cried a lot. (I just had a baby, if you remember. I am going to blame a lot of the stress on hormones.) I still miss it, but I am excited about moving forward.




0 comments:
Post a Comment