Recent Posts

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Since it's been a while

There have been some big changes in the Ava department. Big like rolling all over the place, trying to scoot, doing some mad crunches in an attempt to sit up and play with her brother and sister. I feel so bad for her, just propped up on her elbows watching them play. I know she wishes she could join in and she is working at it pretty hard. Today the doctor said that she seems more like a six-month-old than a four-month-old. She is just so determined to grow up faster than I'd like.


I turned 28. Getting up there, old gal. I wanted Mexican food after about three weeks into the Paleo Diet. Spent the night nauseated and puking. But really it was a really good birthday and I got to hang out with just Tim for a couple of hours, which is always a treat. I also got lunch and a pedicure and gifts from my mom and sibs and I'm not going to lie, I like having a day (two days, really) that are all about me.


When Mason turned two I thought that people who spoke of the terrible twos were weak-sauce. Two years old was a dream. A delight! Then I got myself a girl two-year-old and have mercy on my soul. She is something else.  It is especially hard to keep up with her because she saves the really bad deeds (toothpaste on EVERYTHING, flour EVERYWHERE) for when she knows I am hopelessly tied to a chair in another room with a nursing baby. I nurse walking around more often than I would like. :) Sometimes I feel like I spend a lot of my day taking pictures of all her naughty deeds with hopes that one day I will look back fondly on these days. Really, I look back fondly on them once all three kids are tucked quietly into bed and I know the reign of terror has ended for the day. She is so hilarious, though. Just funny and adorable and terrible.



This guy is pretty cute, too.


I am sure glad I am these babies mother.

2 comments:

The Haynies said...

Happy late birthday! Sorry I'm such a lame friend and didn't even text you. I even had it on my calendar! Your kids are so cute! We're coming up there this summer for a few weeks, let's get together!

Emily Jeppsen said...

Hahaha. Brielle.