A toasty warm home that more than fits my family, and has a fantastic view.
A husband that never needs a honey-do list. Who pretty much takes over the childcare duties whenever he's home.
A baby toddler boy with a near-constant smile and accompanying giggle.
A baby toddler girl who is sugar and spice and everything nice. Emphasis on the spice.
Pregnant belly kicks.
Prayer.
And, like, a billion other things.
I've been feeling pretty sorry for myself through some of this pregnancy with all the soreness and the sickness and the general discomfort of it all. I also keep finding myself thinking about people who were having kids a 150 years ago. Pregnant people who slept on cots or feather beds, if they were lucky, or the floor if they weren't. Pregnant ladies with several kids who had to cook food for those those kids over a fire, and probably grew or killed that food themselves. While they were pregnant! I sometimes feel really picked on when I have to cook something for a hungry kid or take them both to the grocery store even though lifting them is a pain. But then I think, Microwave! Oven! Grocery store! And then I really get on a roll and think things like, Furnace! Car! Easy access to medical care!
We've got it really good over here. Even if I was all of a sudden an 1862 pregnant mother instead of a 2012 pregnant mother, I would still have it really good. Because my kids are alive and happy and totally adorable. I have a happy marriage that never feels like work. There is a lot of love in my life. That's something even 150 years worth of technology can't buy.



0 comments:
Post a Comment