Normally snow before December makes me want to figuratively die, but today it was kind of nice. A little surprise. It felt peaceful. Maybe it will give me an excuse to just lay my large and growing body around the house a little more.
Not today though. Today we have been on the hunt for the things we need to finish the kids' Halloween costumes. I'm making Mason a Woody costume because the ones from the store with the shoes attached just won't cut it for that kid. He went bizerk at Smith and Edwards because the cowboy boots were all wrong and it took me forever to figure out that they were missing the spurs. The spurs! Who is this kid?!
I'll tell you who. Tim and I went to get our whooping cough vaccines last week and I joked that the doctor should give Tim a prostate exam. To which Mason replied, "What, a pain in the butt?" The doc was stunned and we all laughed so hard that Mason hasn't stopped saying it all week. I'm such a good mom.
Yesterday morning Brielle was climbing on the table (always) and Mason looked at me and said, "I'm really concerned about this." Tim totally called it when he said that Mason is the "fish in the jar." Dr. Seuss reference.
And now back to Halloween. We carved a jack-o-lantern last night. Mason thought it was one of the best things that has ever happened to him. Brielle just wanted to play with the knife.



0 comments:
Post a Comment