Recent Posts

Monday, August 20, 2012

A Mason Post

There have been so many moments since Mason was born that I have felt a total panic at how quickly he's changing and growing and becoming not-a-baby-anymore.

The frequency of those moments has been increasing as he sheds more of the perfect baby fat from his chubby little cheeks. He's always been so easy and easy-going. Lately, though, he is realizing what he wants and trying out new ways to get it when he wants. It can be exasperating.

But then after a bedtime induced tantrum he sneaks out of his bedroom one last time to tell me "Sorry, Mommy, " with a hug and a kiss.

He loves to tattle on his sister and I actually think this is so little out of malice and more out of genuine concern that it's kind of adorable. After all, we call him Mr. Safety. He is constantly reminding Tim to buckle up, asking him to drive a little slower, and be careful. Kid is CAUTIOUS. He never forgets a safety rule.

We had a family night lesson a couple of weeks ago about Adam and Eve (He loves the lesson part of family night?). He seemed to get the whole story pretty well. A few days ago we were cutting snowflakes out of paper and since I had him sitting still I decided to quiz him on what he learned. Of Adam and Eve...

Mason: Heavenly Father said, "You can eat aaaany of the veggies, but don't eat the cheese!"
Crystal: And what would happen if they ate it?
Mason: Then they would have to leave........in a rocket ship.

So there you have it. I think he gets the idea!





"Excuse me, excuse me. Daddy? Um... wait a second, wait a second. Um, Daddy, _______________________" (Choose from the following):

- Slow down.
- Do you want to have a dragon fight?
- Can I watch a movie?
- I need some milk.  

1 comments:

Emily Jeppsen said...

I love that kid! He kills me.