Recent Posts

Monday, December 25, 2023

Christmas

Christmas is so wonderful, and this year was no exception. I came and went (without any snow) too quickly, though. 

We didn't have an Arbon family party like we usually do this year, because Sue wasn't coming up again and I guess no one else wanted to plan it. But we did get together for a nice dinner at Maddox. It's fun getting all of Tim's big family in one room. 

Since we didn't have the Arbon party I decided to throw an Arbon party for just our little family and I'm so glad I did. We played a bunch of games with prizes and watched a movie together and it was perfect. I love when I get all my kids involved in something together that's fun for everyone. They're my favorite people to hang out with. 

Christmas Eve was spent at church and then my Dad's house, as usual. Everyone agreed this is their favorite tradition. We had our Mexican food dinner and then the kids did the nativity. I sewed new costumes for everyone this year so it was extra fun for me to watch. Then Pop read The Night Before Christmas and we had our gift exchange. I didn't grow up with a lot of cousins involved, and just fills my heart to see my kids surrounded by so many people who love them and who they love around the holidays. All the time, really. 

Kelson and Lexi stayed with us for Christmas and it was so fun having them here. Luke and Jane are at such a fun age. We don't get to see them often enough so I'm glad they stayed here. Everyone woke up to lots of fun presents on Christmas morning. We had crepes for breakfast and then spent the rest of they day with visitors. Christmas just fills my soul.

0 comments: