My beautiful Brielle turned three on January 27. She knew all month that her birthday was coming up and she could not wait. Each time we went to the grocery store she would ask if we were going to get decorations for her birthday party. Ava's birthday really kicked it up a notch and I'm sure it was near torture waiting two more weeks for own celebration.
I took her on a lunch date to Idle Isle Café and then to get a new hair bow and some birthday jewelry and then to get balloons and flowers to decorate. She was such a funny little sweetheart during our date. I guess it is just a lot easier to be pleasant when you know the focus is solely on you. Sometimes a girl just needs her mom's undivided attention. I got so many smiles and little stories and sweet remarks. She really is the best.
Then we came home and made and frosted a cake to prepare for a small family party. She sat behind her cake tasting the frosting through most of the get-together. She got a scooter and several small gifts from family and she couldn't have been happier.
She is turning into the most wonderful little girl. She is stubborn and opinionated and funny and tender. She still loves to sit and cuddle her mom and she loves to dress up like a princess. She would watch Pingu (a weird Netflix pinguin show) and Trotro (a weird Netflix donkey show) all day if I would let her. She gives us this pleased little shy smile when we tell her how beautiful she is after she gets ready for the day and it just kills me every time. I love my Brielle.










0 comments:
Post a Comment